We want you to have a safe and happy holiday with us at Davies Bay Holiday Homes.
Please read our terms and conditions, health and safety, and Covid19 policy and procedures.
There are three sections: Terms | Health and Safety | Covid Policy
Terms and Conditions of your booking
All bookings will be invoiced, and a 25% deposit is required to secure your reservation. This deposit is due within two (2) days of the date of your invoice.
Full payment for your stay is due 30 days prior to arrival.
Any additional guests/visitors during your stay will be invoiced prior to your departure and this invoice is due immediately.
All bookings include a refundable bond. This is to cover any damage during your stay and is otherwise fully refunded.
The balance due must be received on or before its due date. If your payment fails to reach us by the due date we may choose to cancel your booking with or without notice to you, and make the property available to others. Cancellation charges apply (see below).
Should we cancel a booking of yours due to non- or late payment of a deposit, then any deposit received will be refunded in full.
If you need to cancel a booking please let us know as soon as possible so we may offer the property to others.
Should YOU choose to cancel the booking, our standard cancellation charges will apply:
• Cancellation over 90 days from the scheduled start of stay: 100% refund of money received.
• Cancellation between 30 days and 90 days from the scheduled start of stay: 75% of the total booking charge refunded
• Cancellation less than 30 days before the scheduled start of stay: No refund and payment of booking is required in full.
Should WE cancel the booking due to YOUR non-payment, or if any of your payments fail to reach us by their due date, we have the right to cancel the booking with or without providing you with notice. Under these circumstances our standard cancellation charges (as above) will apply.
Cancellation by Owner/Manager
If, due to circumstances beyond our control, the property becomes unavailable or unfit for use, we will notify you as soon as possible and refund your money in full.
If you book and are unable to travel as the result of a COVID-19 traffic light change, alert level change, or other COVID-19-related issue beyond your or our control, a full refund will be provided.
Health and Safety
The heath and safety of all our guests, and their visitors, is important to us. We ask that you ensure that all your family and friends, both staying with and visiting you, are made aware of this information. A copy of this information can be found in the guest folder in your accommodation.
This is a working farm so please:
• Contact Garry (owner) on 027 4765 680 or Mandy (Property Manager) on 021 569 362 if you see wandering stock. Avoid approaching stock; they can be sociable but also unpredictable.
• Close gates as you go through them and watch for stock that may be grazing.
• Beware of the ‘live’ electric fences around the the property: these should NOT be touched.
• Do not enter farm buildings or touch any farm equipment, machinery or supplies. These areas are strictly out of bounds and we would hate for there to be an injury due to curiosity.
• Keep your speed below 25kmph to help keep the dust to a minimum. Always drive cautiously where vision is limited and be prepared for oncoming traffic, pedestrians or stock.
• Always drive on existing farm tracks.
• Take extra care when walking on the property to avoid falls from uneven ground.
• While water in the indoor taps is from roof-harvested rainfall, water in the outdoor taps is from the farm dam and is considered non-potable. We are unable to guarantee the quality of the water at the outdoor taps so it is recommended you boil before drinking.
• Water activities are fun, but please supervise children at all times on the beach and in the water to ensure they are safe.
• There are ponds and other areas on the farm where water accumulates: please be mindful when around them and keep a close eye on children.
• When fishing/boating take note of weather conditions and tides. Always wear a life jacket when out at sea.
• In an emergency, dial 111 – the address of the farm for emergency services is 562 Taiharuru Road.
• In the case of an accident, please call Mandy as soon as possible (021 569 362). Mandy (the Property Manager) holds a first aid certificate and can provide assistance if required.
• There is a first aid kit located in the Office if required.
• All properties are equipped with lighters and/or matches. These are to be kept out of harm’s way at all times. Each property has a fire extinguisher – please ensure you know where it is located (Mandy will point this put to you on your arrival).
• Turn the gas off once you have finished cooking on the BBQ or after using the cooking facilities.
• If you light a fire on the beach, ensure it is fully extinguished before you leave it. Please be aware of fire restrictions when they are in place – in peak season there is usually a complete fire ban for the whole area.
• In the unlikely event of a Tsunami, sirens will sound. Please quickly make your way to the Office at the brick house up the main drive on the hill (Mona Davies’ house). If you are staying at Goldmine or The Retreat, the sirens can be difficult to hear. We will ensure you are contacted and able to get to the Office as quickly and safely as possible.
Covid-19 Policy and Procedures
From 14 April 2022 Northland is in the ‘Orange’ setting of New Zealand’s Covid-19 Protection Framework (commonly referred to as the ‘Traffic Light’ system).
• There are no limits for indoor or outdoor activities, such as weddings and events.
• Guests do not need to wear a face mask but may choose to do so.
• Workers and volunteers must wear a mask.
• Performers and speakers are encouraged to wear a mask when not performing or speaking.
• There is no government requirement to scan in to Davies Bay using the QR codes but you may do so if you wish.
During Your Stay
Please ensure you bring sufficient Rapid Antigen Tests for your group, in case any member of your group begins to feel unwell during their stay.
Should any member of your group test positive for COVID-19 during your stay, please advise Mandy as soon as possible so a management plan can be arranged.
We ask that all guests continue to follow the recommended procedures to help minimise the risk of spreading the virus:
• Regularly wash and thoroughly dry your hands or use hand sanitiser. Soap and hand sanitiser is provided in all baches.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Keep your distance from people you do not know.
• Clean or disinfect shared surfaces often. Surface sanitiser is provided in all baches.
• If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and get a test.